Labels

Thursday 15 September 2011

I made it!

I am pleased to report I had my first successful trip biking to work on my new Trek Allant WSD today!  YAY!  It was fantastic, hard, a long way, hard, energising, mainly uphill and hard.  Oh, and hard.  I mean, great.  You know how it is with exercise... In truth the 10+kms route I have to take to work was beautiful and it was so nice to be outside in the fresh air and good weather.  But I did break out WAY more of a sweat than I remembered and when I was battling up the hills I was thinking it was all a little too hard.  Especially when a runner passed me... (unfortunately I'm not joking).  The high I was on all day more than made up for it though!  I'm looking forward to many more bike days starting with next Monday.

Tonight I adapted a recipe for dinner from Angela at Oh She Glows - one of my all time favourite daily blog reads.  And boy did it go down well!   Angela's makes a really healthy recipe for a decadant, creamy pasta here.  I added a few things to make it a little less... well a little less vegan!  The addition of tasty cheese made the creamy sauce delish.  It is still a MUCH healthier way to make a cream sauce.  Easy too... and LA declared "Its my new favourite, is there any left?"
Creamy Tomato Basil pasta, adapted from Oh She Glows
  • Cook pasta of your choice
  • Steam broccoli florets and frozen peas
  • Blend 1/2 cup raw cashews, 2 tomatoes, 1 Tbs tomato paste, 1/4 cup water
  • Saute 2-3 minced garlic cloves in a little oil, add sliced mushrooms
  • Add blended mix to garlic, stir over low heat.  Add tasty cheese and melt.  Add chopped prosciutto
  • Remove from heat, add chopped basil and salt/pepper.
  • Mix sauce through pasta.  Top with a little parmesan and serve!
  • With a glass of red, of course!
    Happy Thursday people!
    Christie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment