Tonight I adapted a recipe for dinner from Angela at Oh She Glows - one of my all time favourite daily blog reads. And boy did it go down well! Angela's makes a really healthy recipe for a decadant, creamy pasta here. I added a few things to make it a little less... well a little less vegan! The addition of tasty cheese made the creamy sauce delish. It is still a MUCH healthier way to make a cream sauce. Easy too... and LA declared "Its my new favourite, is there any left?"
Creamy Tomato Basil pasta, adapted from Oh She Glows
- Cook pasta of your choice
- Steam broccoli florets and frozen peas
- Blend 1/2 cup raw cashews, 2 tomatoes, 1 Tbs tomato paste, 1/4 cup water
- Saute 2-3 minced garlic cloves in a little oil, add sliced mushrooms
- Add blended mix to garlic, stir over low heat. Add tasty cheese and melt. Add chopped prosciutto
- Remove from heat, add chopped basil and salt/pepper.
- Mix sauce through pasta. Top with a little parmesan and serve!
With a glass of red, of course!
Happy Thursday people!